If you’re looking for the perfect location for your Dallas engagement session, be sure to check out our blog post with our Top 8 Favorite Photo Locations in DFW. But today, we wanted to dive a little deeper into one of our favorite spots; Stone Creek Park in Flower Mound.
Stone Creek Park is a gorgeous hidden gem of a location. It is a fantastic spot for your engagement session if you love nature (especially where water is involved). It offers a variety of beautiful photo locations and we’re excited to be sharing more about it today!
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with tips on how to make your Stone Creek Park Engagement Session easy and fun.
The Best Stone Creek Park Photo Locations
From the creek to the woods and the trails to the grass fields, there are many gorgeous backdrops inside Stone Creek Park to roam around and explore.
The creek, with its unique sheeted rocks, is the main attraction and great for taking romantic engagement photos in a magical natural setting.
Stone Creek Park’s creek with its mystical stones is just one of a few beautiful spots nearby. You will also find bridges, trails, tree lines, fields, etc within a quick walking distance of each other.
Photo Session Tips
- Be aware that it is a popular spot! You’re likely to have more luck getting the location to yourself if you go during the week.
- For easy access to the creek; park at the playground on Fugua Dr., walk to the right across the first bridge and you’ll see multiple openings to the creek along the right side.
- Plan to take your photos on the creek at least 2-3 hours before sunset. It does tend to get dark quickly under the trees.
- Get there early to roam around and find your favorite spots in advance.
- Consider bringing your dog or playing with props to make your engagement photos even more personal and fun! (But please, always be respectful and clean up after yourselves!)
Stone Creek Park Engagement – The Takeaway
If you’re looking for a beautiful setting for your engagement photos, Stone Creek Park is easily one of our favorite locations to recommend!
With its stunning scenery and convenient location in Flower Mound near Dallas, it’s no wonder it has become such a popular spot for portrait sessions.
Ready to book your session? Send us a message for more information or with any questions. We’ll be happy to answer any questions and help you plan out the details of your dream engagement session!
Phone: (972) 874-6300
Photography Permits: N/A – free
Still searching for the perfect backdrop for your own upcoming portrait session? Head over to our Ultimate Guide to Dallas Photoshoot Locations to check out this Dallas engagement photographer’s personal favorites across North Texas!