If you haven’t heard of The Orchard wedding venue yet, you’re in for a real treat! This 100+ acre property, tucked away in Azle, TX, is a tranquil oasis. Surrounded by 100-year-old pecan trees, this lush pecan orchard is a breath of fresh air and a sight to behold.
Before we dive into all the special features of this unique wedding venue, let’s first talk about its sweet origin story!
The Orchard Event Venue’s Origin Story
The original owners, Mike and D’Andrea Davidson, are the proud parents of three wonderful daughters. When their eldest daughter began planning her wedding, they quickly realized that Azle didn’t have many wedding venues yet. At the time, Mike and D’Andrea had been living on the property. And since Mike’s career was in commercial construction, instead of searching far and wide for the perfect venue… they decided to just build their daughter’s dream venue instead. How sweet is that?!
The first wedding at the Orchard Event Venue was held on May 27, 2011 and they haven’t slowed down since!
Now let’s dive into the venue itself! If you’re into modern rustic charm, this venue will be well worth considering. The Orchard is the perfect blend of contemporary elegance and rustic allure!
What Sets The Orchard Wedding Venue Apart:
- Indoor and Outdoor Locations – Whether you’re leaning towards an intimate indoor affair or a romantic outdoor ceremony under the pergola, you’ve got options here.
- Covered Plaza – Rain or shine, it’s an outdoor ceremony location you can rely on!
- Groom’s Cabin – A spacious retreat for the groom and his crew.
- Accessibility – Ground-level ease for everyone. Wheelchair and walker accessible, ensuring everyone can be part of the magic.
- Secluded Serenity – 100+ acres of lush and peaceful bliss away from the noise.
- Transparent Pricing – No secrets here! All pricing details are laid out on their website.
- Open Vendor Policy – Plus, you can bring your dream team of vendors – The Orchard is all for it!
- Overnight Accommodations – Between the stunning 5,50sq.ft 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom lodge. And their 15 fully furnished cabins. You could sleep up to 54 of your nearest and dearest family and friends on-site for the ultimate wedding weekend. Between the 2 firepits, a pool and an outdoor game area – it’s the makings a perfect weekend.
The Orchard’s Unique Wedding Experience
Behind every magical wedding is an incredible team, and The Orchard boasts a stellar one. From your first inquiry to the big day, you’re in good hands.
Something that sets them apart is how they prioritize communication to make each bride feel truly special. Want to chat directly? Every bride at The Orchard has direct access to both the Venue Impressionist (Jennifer, who will be your first point of contact) and the Event Communication Director (Shaina, who will be your main point of contact up until your wedding day). Because they understand that while this is their job; it’s the most important day of your life, and they feel honored to be part of it.
Two additional key players in the Orchard team are Kevin, their Venue Director – a true legend with over 11 years of experience and expertise who ensures that everything is running smoothly for your wedding day on their end. And the beloved, albeit behind-the-scenes, Lacey, their General Manager who oversees the property. They are a fun-loving team you can trust and run a well-organized operation – which is an absolute blessing come your wedding day!
What’s included in a standard wedding at The Orchard Wedding Venue?
- 12 hours of rental time (ending at midnight)
- Set-up & breakdown of all furniture (and everything The Orchard provides)
- On-site facility manager on the day of the event
- 45-minute rehearsals (depending on availability)
- Access to venue for engagement and bridal portraits, plus additional venue visits
- Wedding rehearsals (on Thursdays, based on availability)
- Outdoor Pergola and ceremony space
- Built-in stage
- Outdoor Plaza (connected to the reception hall by floor-to-ceiling glass walls) with a 2-sided fireplace and café lights can be used for a ceremony or cocktail hour
- Indoor Pecan Room for ceremonies (holds up to 200 guests)
- Indoor Reception Hall (holds up to 350 guests)
- Bridal Suite – with a 6-seat luxury vanity, seating & mirror wall
- Groom’s Cabin – with PlayStation 4, flat screen, pool table & more
- Prep Kitchen- with a 1000-pound Ice Machine
- A variety of chairs, tables, linens, etc.
- A variety of rental options; draping, mason jars, ceiling swag, arches, cafe lights, photobooth, uplighting, sparklers and much more (contact The Orchard for a full list or rental options)
- Audio visual options
- Ample Parking & more
Not just a wedding venue, The Orchard also hosts corporate retreats, quinces, family reunions, and various gatherings. It’s a versatile space for all your celebratory needs.
So, if you’re seeking a venue that’s not just a place but an experience, The Orchard might just be exactly what you’re looking for. Head to their website below for more information and inspiration!
The Orchard Wedding Venue’s Contact Info
Get in touch with Shaina or Jennifer at The Orchard Event Venue & Retreat for more information.
1421 NW Pkwy St.
Azle, TX 76020
Still on the hunt for the perfect Dallas wedding venue for your own upcoming wedding? Head over to my Ultimate Guide to Wedding Venues in Dallas to check out some more of my personal favorites across North Texas!
Are you also looking for your perfect wedding photographer in DFW? I’d love to connect and chat about your dreams for your wedding photography! Feel free to reach out here and let’s chat to see if we might be a good fit!